No idea
by ACross (2022-05-07 16:54:13)

In reply to: Poll: what is your confidence level for freeman (1-10 scale)  posted by Athlete37

Hopes would be higherif he had a more proven staff and did not have an OC who may try to out Kelly Kelly

Al Golden is Freeman's best hire
by Jvan  (2022-05-07 17:02:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Experienced as a head coach in college and an NFL defensive assistant. Good person who doesn't have a huge ego.

If only we had a similar type at OC. Hiestand has experience but stays in his OLine silo. I doubt he'll exert much influence on Rees.

I think HCs should trust their coordinators. But I do think
by 84david  (2022-05-09 11:22:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that Freeman should exert at least some sort of veto power over TRs play calling.

"Tommy, we've passed the ball 10 straight times."

"But Marcus, the defense is giving it to us."

"run it."

That imaginary conversation did not happen during the Fiesta Bowl. I hope that will change.

Yes sir.
by Goldhelmethead  (2022-05-07 20:52:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think Al is very happy to be at ND and calling his own Defense. He has been around the block but knows this is Freemans show.

That said he is a senior memember of this staff along with Harry but knows to stay in his lane and be available when needed.

Its a nice balance and Freeman knows he has a trusted and tested guy to lean on when needed.

If we keep recruiting at the current pace Golden knows he has a jackpot potential to have a lights out D.

I would think he wants to stick around for whats to come.