initialy a 7 in a few years an 8... I hope he grows into a 9
by quasimodo (2022-05-08 14:42:24)

In reply to: Poll: what is your confidence level for freeman (1-10 scale)  posted by Athlete37

He's not like Ara or Lou who had years of successful HC experience behind him before ND so I do not expect immediate success.

As a new HC so I expect some growing pains over the next couple of years. head scratchers where we lose games we should have won. We've already seen him having HC issues at the bowl game and now in roster management.

At the bowl game, IMO, he was too hesitant to over rule his OC and DC to get the win. Now he isn't doing a great job of roster management since we have way too many long snappers and PK's on the 85 man roster and not enough WRs. BK wasn't too hot on this his first 5+ years but the last 5 he really concentrated in getting kids their degrees after 3 years in order to get them to move on if they were not contributing.

Once MF he gets his sea legs, after about 2-3 years, with his emphasis and skill on recruiting I think he'll be a solid 8. And in a few years after that, I do hope he can grow both him and his staff to earn a 9 rating.

Q