That's a long time to be waiting...can you wait that long?
by G.K.Chesterton (2022-05-09 18:31:44)
Edited on 2022-05-09 18:32:52

In reply to: Call me "Stuck in '66"  posted by mkovac

Great song.
by mkovac  (2022-05-09 19:08:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lead vocal by Sonny Geraci.

It came out in early 1966.

It was one of those songs that everyone loved to dance to, regardless of the lyrics.

I remember going to the mixers in Stepan Center, where 50 girls schools were invited and they came in buses and we Freshmen would wander over there and watch groups of girls dance in circles with each other.

We were a bit nonplussed, wondering how were were going to penetrate that defense and ask a girl to dance.

The worst part was going up to a girl in one of these Volvox-circles, asking her to dance, and then getting rejected.

Yeah, that was the memory.

But, one in three would say yes, and we would dance to "Time Won't Let Me" by The Outsiders. Just a great fucking song.

The girls would leave. I would go back to BP, get my books and go the Library to study until dinner time and then head to the North Dining Hall, wondering if any of those girls remembered me at all.

Then, I would think, "Probably not. Who cares?" Then, I would dream about a St. Mary's beauty like Carol Lichtefield or Anne Meagher and wonder if one of them would go to one of the ND dances with me. Carol did, and that was nice.

Those were the days! 😎 *
by Homeboy73  (2022-05-09 20:04:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post