Which tirade? The worst I believe was directed at TJ Jones
by tdiddy07 (2022-05-10 09:25:47)

In reply to: The way he acted toward Dayne Crist was totally outrageous  posted by DrunkenIrishPoet

in his first collegiate game.

If I recall, that was shortly after Andre Jones passed away
by Irish2003  (2022-05-11 12:22:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To be clear, there is never an appropriate reason to act that unhinged, and
Lou said it best: Praise in public, (constructively) criticize in private. This would be disappointing in any context, but was particularly jarring at a time where something like "next time, take 3 steps, and either check back/hold your block/go deep" would have actually added value for both rather than tirade-ing a young man already going through a lot. I hope Oompa has matured, but have a potential sense of schadenfreude forthcoming where some Cajun ships him back to Boston.

Yes, Andre had died in late June. (link)
by Moff  (2022-05-11 15:37:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tough to top the assault of David Grimes. *
by SorinBasement  (2022-05-10 21:56:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wasn't Jones' first game, but it was the 2011 opener vs USF
by gordonbombay  (2022-05-10 12:21:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unless you're thinking of a different tirade. Jones wasn't looking at the ball when it was thrown to him and it bounced off his helmet and miraculously right into the arms of a Bull (that game really was a Murphy's Law game). I was at the 2010 Purdue game - Jones' and Kelly's first - so if there was anything that happened there I didn't see it.

That's right. Thanks. *
by tdiddy07  (2022-05-10 12:39:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Either way, BK is a world class douche bag *
by drmurray  (2022-05-10 15:34:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also, a Uranus-class douchebag. *
by tdiddy07  (2022-05-10 15:44:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He got a rant when he fumbled a snap vs Michigan. *
by 84david  (2022-05-10 11:24:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post