I don't disagree
by Wass (2022-05-15 21:31:36)

In reply to: ACC is a Dead Man Walking  posted by KORZO78

I've always felt ND was a poor fit for the ACC, but, man, it was great for ESPN and network sports in general for them to be in the league. I've always thought ESPN would lead the charge to control college sports and force the formation of "super conferences" (for want of a better term). There will likely be only 4 or so super conferences with teams strategically picked so each conference will have a very large viewing audience. Smaller division 1 conferences will either drop down a division or form their own super conferences. ND will likely have to join a conference, for better or for worse.

Only Two Super Conferences May Emerge
by KORZO78  (2022-05-16 10:42:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The SEC and the Big 10, whose TV deal is coming up in the next few months and will set the tone for the next phase of realignment.

The Big 12 is another Dead Man Walking IMO with the ACC. Don't see how they survive long term with Texas and Oklahoma pulling out.

The Pac 12 has never gained much traction. TV rules these deals and the start times for their games as well as lack of a top power recently make it difficult for them to flex their muscle.