I saw him through the eyes of players I lived with
by btd (2022-05-18 01:37:49)

In reply to: Same here and I saw a lot of him behind the scenes those  posted by Moff

One who never played a snap at ND because he was badly injured by Faust improper weight lifting program. The other that was a 3 year starter and 4 year letter winner. Then many of the 1985 recruits - who as you know I had to talk many into staying at ND before Faust resigned. He was a nice person at his core but JT is right. A lot of the team was struggling to stick with him through his final year. They nearly all knew he was incapable of doing the job. They wanted to win - but also wanted Faust gone.

Faust did give me tickets to the Penn state away game disaster that year - so I have that to thank him for. I did get to see how other colleges react to seeing a football player in person that trip. My 6’6” DL roommate was with me. To say there were 100’s of women that absolutely flooded the lobby of a dorm we were in when he confirmed he was on the ND team is possibly an under count. I still have high school friends that talk about meeting him. 100 of 118 people I graduated with went to Penn state. At most one of them saw one PSU player for maybe seconds their entire 4 years. They spent 2 full days with my roommate.