On Buchner's recovery
by localirishfan (2022-12-02 13:41:48)

In reply to: A few things must all be coming together at once  posted by Camarillo Brillo

Is there any substance behind the rumors he would be ready for a bowl game? If so and if coaches have somehow suggested he would get the nod over Pyne in a bowl game, I would bounce as well. I have no clue if there is any truth to Buchner being ready by a bowl game so just curious if there is any substance to the rumor. I wish Pyne the best...he did a great job under a huge spotlight

Freeman said he might be ready
by DukeSinatra  (2022-12-02 13:47:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think he's been doing some light, non-contact practicing recently.

But I don't think anyone outside the program could really say anything definitive about his ability to play, at least not right now.

Any talk publicly was he maybe could play a few series
by btd  (2022-12-02 13:47:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and be like he was last season for us during the bowl game. If Pyne skips the bowl game the freshman will almost certainly be our starter and Buchner would perhaps play an extra series or two beyond plan A for him.

This is if Buchner stays on track -- which isn't a lock either.

I feel bad for Pyne if coaches hinted @ Buchner starting
by localirishfan  (2022-12-02 13:51:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can't imagine that being the case, but who knows?

The transfer QB is why he's leaving
by btd  (2022-12-02 14:16:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That and he knows he will never ever get 3 more years as a starter at ND -- which is what he has remaining. Even if by some miracle he managed to start again next season, Carr, Minchey and yet another transfer would take him out the following year.

This is pretty simple stuff...

Pyne is presently at his all-time high point for negotiating a spot at another school that is on the bottom half of a P5 conference. He is cashing in on that because he can't beat out 3-4 other players at ND next year.