Was he an early entry?
by btd (2022-12-02 13:45:11)

In reply to: Will he have his degree? *  posted by VaDblDmr

If so, then he might be able to get it after this semester. He would have six regular semesters at ND plus 3 more summer sessions -- which is 6 credits per summer on the low end and 9 on the high end. 18-27 more credits.

My guess is he is short 2-3 classes.

He was not an EE. *
by cabnd00  (2022-12-02 14:21:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Then it's nearly impossible for him to be graduating
by btd  (2022-12-02 14:25:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

after this semester. That's a shame. He will get to play somewhere else, but he is trading away his ND degree for it.

Incorrect, he was an EE.
by revressbo  (2022-12-02 14:47:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That makes me inclined to think he is graduating this semester. Either that, or he wasn’t on pace to graduate until after next fall. Hopefully it’s the former.

If he was on pace to graduate in May, I’d presume he’d stay on through spring ball and transfer after. I think that’s the typical pace for football players (that’d be 7 regular semesters plus 3 summer sessions) but I’m hoping Pyne was accelerated/came in with some credits that would allow him to graduate this fall.

If he was EE he could be close - but still unlikely
by btd  (2022-12-02 18:20:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As stated originally he’d really have to have gone over the top every summer to have any shot of being able to finish by the end of this semester.

Now, maybe if he is 1-2 classes short he can somehow pull it off after the fact via online classes? No idea if he’s allowed to in effect finish Nd while at some other place playing.