Look, I dont know Pyne and he may be a great kid
by Chicos bail bonds (2022-12-02 18:17:13)

In reply to: Best of Luck to him. His farewell post was very good. *  posted by Sec15Row37Guy

but I dont put much stock in any of these "prepared" statements that go out. They are all the same. I dont have a big problem if he wants to leave. I just have begun to question these departing statements. If it was so great, why are you leaving.

It's not so much the statement's message...
by Kbyrnes  (2022-12-02 19:51:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...being rather standard; it's the fact that he relayed the message at all. When I attend wakes and funerals, I don't develop a unique greeting for each family member; I say about the same thing each time. Having been on the receiving side of those occasions (and as an ND alum, of players departing), I appreciate the fact that the statement was made at all. It sure beats no message at all.

And he could have truly valued his teammates and time at ND while deciding that, on balance, it's best for his football career prospects to go somewhere where he has a better prospect of starting.

Let's say that we have a scale of zero to 100, zero representing a lousy scenario and 100 the best one. It's quite possible that Pyne valued the ND experience at 90 (so to speak) but the transfer scenario at 100. That doesn't mean that 90 wasn't pretty good.

This probably will sound snarkier …
by CJC  (2022-12-02 20:58:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

than I intend.

But it’s now like changing jobs.

My youngest son is in the middle of this right now. He did remarkably well at his company, that was duly recognized via raises and promotions.

They like him. He likes them. He just wants something different at this point of his life.