On the other hand, he wouldn't be the first ND player...
by Kbyrnes (2022-12-02 19:44:51)

In reply to: Agree. This is monumentally stupid if he’s that close…  posted by Freight Train

...to come back some time later to complete his requirements.

Is that possible?
by gregmorrissey  (2022-12-02 21:56:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If he earns a degree at his new school presumably using his Notre Dame credits, can he still re-enroll at ND and utilize the credits earned at ND?

I hope he does eventually earn some kind of degree from Notre Dame.

Ok, fair point, but to what end?
by Freight Train  (2022-12-02 20:19:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m sure you’re thinking of players who left ND early to go to the NFL, right? Are there others who transferred, did not get to the NFL, and then came back to ND to get their degree? I’m not aware of any.

Does Pyne actually believe he’s going to play in the NFL? He can’t possibly believe that. I get that he wants to play some more football before he hangs it up, but his playing career will be ending very soon. I do not see the point in deferring the attainment of an ND degree to a later date just so that he can go be Rutgers’ QB or whatever in 2023.

It boggles my mind that he’d make that decision and I don’t think he is.

Didn’t DJ Hord transfer for football and then transfer back
by NumberOneMoses  (2022-12-02 21:41:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to ND to graduate.

Scott Grooms transferred out, then came back. And of
by Homeboy73  (2022-12-02 22:43:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

course, there was Bill Laimbeer, although his transfer out was not your typical voluntary move.