Saban is not a big NIL fan in its current form
by mocopdx (2023-01-28 21:03:34)

"Someone with one of the best corners in the nation (in high school) came to me and asked if we’d pay them $800,000 for the player to sign here. I told him he can find another place to play," Saban said, according to Baker High School coach Steve Norman. "I’m not paying a kid a bunch of NIL money before he earns it."

Norman added that Saban feels the NCAA "needs more ways and means to control it because it’s getting out of hand."

Saban later added that he lost 10 players, including a starter, to the portal already.

Nick's always been about doing it the right way.
by BeastOfBourbon  (2023-01-29 22:14:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As long as it corresponds with doing it his way.

I read the article...
by Wass  (2023-01-29 06:17:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...and it was pure comedy gold. It was from a guy who lobbied for years to pay players and is getting a brand new "NIL warroom" just for NIL. Saban whines, passes, and moans whenever someone beats him at his game. I'm sire he isn't happy that Coach Prime is now the darling of ESPN and will be getting lots of what he deems "his" recruits.

I weep for Nick Saban and the Tide.
by ocmj  (2023-01-29 03:53:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Obviously sarcasm; he's a winner and will adjust to the new world order and likely add another NC before he rides off into the sunset.

“I’m not paying a kid a bunch of NIL money
by dignan  (2023-01-28 23:45:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Before he earns it”

Freudian slip there? He said the quiet part out loud.