Freeman discussed the DL today after practice
by MrE (2023-03-22 21:33:59)

In reply to: well, it is too bad for those guys  posted by jt

On the defensive linemen improving and becoming vocal leaders

“Coach Wash has done a great job with that group. We’ve got some vocal leaders. Nana Osafo-Mensah is a vocal leader. He raises the energy and performance of those around him. Riley Mills is more vocal. Howard Cross doesn’t speak a lot but he’s more vocal. You don’t replace Isaiah Foskey or the Ademilola twins, but you have to replace their production. It’s not by one person, but throughout the top two or 2.5 units, you have to replace that production. l’m excited for the development of that room. I’m excited about Javontae Jean-Baptiste and the young guys. I think of Aiden Gobaira and Jason Onye and Tyson Ford and Gabe Rubio and all those guys, Donovan Hinish. You have to find at some point the emergence. You will use probably eight guys for sure, maybe 10, so it’ll be exciting to see the emergence of those guys. Something cool I saw with the defensive guys, every day they will announce starters for practice and give guys different roles. I’m excited to see the development of that group specifically.”