Is it actually popular now?
by IrishGeek (2023-03-23 10:38:35)

In reply to: O'Bannon v. NCAA was filed in '09 decided in '14 and '15.  posted by RagingBull

It seems to me in general university leaders within the NCAA are fine with how things are as long as the money flows to the institutions and ultimately themselves personally. Regardless of what they say, why would they break up a good thing?

for the most part they love NIL
by jt  (2023-03-23 12:50:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

until it costs them donations (see Notre Dame man Gene Smith's comments about Ohio State's NIL money costing the Athletic department donations).

Coaches don't really like it as much because it takes a lot of things out of their control and can sometimes force them to be beholden to boosters, etc. whom they don't want to be beholden to.

If I had to take a guess, I would say that the administrators love NIL but would prefer a bit more regulation whereas the coaches would just prefer to have more of an NFL style system with minimums, caps, etc. that would come from a revenue split.