I used Kansas State costs as my basic number for public
by Irishdog80 (2023-03-23 13:00:30)

In reply to: it doesn't cost anywhere near that much  posted by jt

institutions...see article. Frankly some are more, some will be less. Add in the following:

--Wardrobe...Nike, Adidas, Under Armour gear...likely around $500-1000 per year
--Stipend...anywhere from $1000 to much more depending upon travel, etc.
--Upgraded Room and Board--$1-5000 per year for steak and lobster meals and better accommodations than the typical student
--Tutoring $1000+

See link below.

so you're using a power 5 school as the basis?
by jt  (2023-03-23 13:12:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Perhaps you should look up NMSU or UNM, or perhaps Nevada.

I will save you the time--go ahead and subtract most of those things, except for perhaps the clothes (although I don't know about $500-$1000).

Get rid of the stipend.
Upgraded room and board only works if that's available (which it really isn't at most non-power 5 schools) and is really an unnecessary perk anyway.
You can also subtract tutoring for most of the guys, but I suppose for the bottom 15% or so having someone do their homework.......errrrrrrrrr....keep them accountable for getting their work done is valuable.

If you are a true non-Power 5 school you will not be paying
by Irishdog80  (2023-03-23 15:31:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

your athletes since you would not have the revenue base to do so. What's your point?