The NFL has a minimum salary *
by NavyJoe (2023-03-23 15:38:24)

In reply to: Agree here. It's the sports world, like the NFL or NBA etc.  posted by MrE

This user did not provide content for this post

Yes, I'd pay a 2- or 3-star $100,000 per year on average
by MrE  (2023-03-23 15:47:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Above and beyond their full tuition, room and board, etc.

Depth is important plus kids are a bit of an unknown when they first come out of high school.

I'd assume a minimum salary would be set up and an overall team cap for major CFB programs.

Would the 100k for 2-3 stars apply to all D1 programs?
by Irishdog80  (2023-03-23 16:25:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Where would you cut off the requirement? With your number, the average D1 Program would need to allot $10-15 million for player "salaries".

I recommend $30M-40M/yr for CFB player payroll per team
by MrE  (2023-03-23 16:28:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

CFB programs that average $80M+ annual revenue - in other words, P5 schools. Or a high % of them.

average wage $350-$400K which is on top of the full scholarship.

Most of those athletic departments are funding other
by Irishdog80  (2023-03-23 16:36:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"non-revenue" sports with the revenue they take in from football, basketball, hockey...whatever...depending upon the school. Most of the Power 5 can do it, what happens to the ones that can't. Do they drop sports? Do some conferences become the Big East of old and drop football? How do the dominos fall?

I don't know.
by MrE  (2023-03-23 16:37:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I would anticipate collateral damage.

"Collateral damage" is guaranteed as all the money gets
by Irishdog80  (2023-03-24 17:33:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

sucked up to the top tier programs and the lower level programs play increasingly meaningless games. Nobody watches the XFL, by the way--the future of the have nots.

nobody watches the have-nots anyways. Except gamblers
by MrE  (2023-03-24 17:36:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

just like the XFL.

Agreed and a potential future of college football D1 *
by Irishdog80  (2023-03-24 18:54:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post