Guessing that will be up to the schools?
by smithwick (2023-03-23 16:52:13)

In reply to: One question that I have about all of this.........  posted by Ty Webb

Is it any different from some employers choosing to subsidize a graduate degree or professional certification for their employees?

Could we even have a scenario where some players are employees who choose not to pursue a degree while other players do want to take advantage of the university education given the shelf life of a football player?

How are employees' kids handled?
by gregmorrissey  (2023-03-23 16:57:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Haven't University employees' kids historically been able to attend for free? Is it treated as taxable compensation to the employee?

Does anyone know if employees themselves are able to attend degree-earning classes for free?

how about employees themselves?
by jt  (2023-03-23 18:20:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

my wife works for a large health care provider/teaching hospital and I believe that they give substantial tuition reimbursement for employees getting degrees/certifications.

I believe that it is treated as taxable income, which would seemingly solve this issue. Give them tuition reimbursement for passing their classes and then a 1099 and call it a day. Notre Dame can make a strong argument that the value of the education is worth it, and make a case to compare it to CA schools (as an example) state income tax.