Absolutely. Just don’t kick kids off the team to make room
by MrE (2023-06-03 08:56:13)
Edited on 2023-06-03 09:25:18

In reply to: Put the best team on the field  posted by NDCuse

for free agents, especially if those free agents aren’t serious about the academic side of things at ND.

And stop pulling commits’ scholarships, an equally icky practice and apparently a trend now.

Without knowing anything other than what's in this thread,
by Rosecrea  (2023-06-05 10:57:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would suspect that young Mr. Miller could qualify as being "...serious about the academic side of things at ND", since he somehow managed to earn a Mechanical Engineering degree from Stanford.

as a point of order
by jt  (2023-06-03 20:16:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I posted about looking into Barrett knowing that we had roster space already. Nobody would need to be cut.

I'm obviously not in favor of roster management; this would be a good old fashioned case of there is room at the Inn and there is a potential need. I don't even know if either side would be interested.

Of course. We are on the same page.
by MrE  (2023-06-03 20:52:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND gained this "room at the inn" status by kicking kids off the team. I'm glad Aidan K. was able to survive this initiative.

Aidan and Barrett are friends *
by jt  (2023-06-04 00:02:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post