Would seem to indicate
by treisele (2023-06-08 11:15:30)

In reply to: Succeeded by NBC Sports Group chairman Pete Bevacqua  posted by mocopdx

That the NBC contract will be renewed, hopefully with more favorable financial terms in the neighborhood of the revenue sharing Big 10 and SEC schools get for their TV contracts.

Hopefully he knows NBCs final number
by jbrown_9999  (2023-06-08 11:45:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and gets at least that for next deal with NBC (or someone else)

Not necessarily, he'll just know the ins/outs of negotiating
by ndgenius  (2023-06-08 11:23:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a media deal. We could end up on YouTube or something like that but this new guy will know how to navigate the landscape which besides hiring coaches is the absolute most important thing with the job because it will bring in the most money. That said, I'm pretty confident it will remain with NBC but we'll see what happens.

This makes it significantly more likely it will be with NBC
by tdiddy07  (2023-06-08 11:48:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

than the likelihood prior to this announcement. Which was already extremely high. So this all but guarantees it.

It also sheds light into Jack's playoff proposal. Rather than previously viewing it as an unnecessary concession, I would now venture to guess Jack actually preferred being ineligible for a first-round bye because of the opportunity to earn additional revenue from the disadvantage posed by an additional game.

Of course we could still make a change of media partner.
by treisele  (2023-06-08 11:45:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I would assume we’re not planning to transition the current Chairman of NBC Sports away in anticipation of a potential adversarial role with our current media partner. He’ll likely negotiate the deal over the next 18 months and I would bet it will be done before he officially takes over as AD.