Pete is a good guy. I agree with the skepticism and concern
by RagingBull (2023-06-08 12:28:05)

In reply to: Sounds from the article like he basically chose him.  posted by VaDblDmr

over incestuousness. I would have preferred an AD with actual AD experience. But to respond to the point of him being a clone of Swarbrick, I don't think that's the case. Maybe on paper but I've dealt with both people and I don't think they are the same.

Can't be more unlikable than Swarby. *
by VaDblDmr  (2023-06-08 14:31:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's probably pumped that he has a low bar to clear
by Ty Webb  (2023-06-08 15:08:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The best time for a promotion is when you are replacing a guy no one liked.

Their resumes are not all that similar
by Boston Domer  (2023-06-08 13:16:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They both worked as in-house counsel for national sports organizations (gymnastics and USGA respectively), but Bevacqua actually worked his way up internally, then moved on to CAA and the PGA of America. All of those jobs plus NBC were far more noteworthy than the Indy sports commission.

Agreed *
by MrE  (2023-06-09 10:10:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post