I assume ND will bend over on the NBC contract negotiations *
by Nyirish08 (2023-06-08 15:00:32)

In reply to: Swarbrick stepping down in 2024 (link)  posted by RISteve

This user did not provide content for this post

What do you have against Ben Dover? *
by Homeboy73  (2023-06-08 18:42:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe, but having someone with inside knowledge is helpful
by Up_Top  (2023-06-08 16:52:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bevacqua is going to know the business side of “the opposition” inside and out and have an established relationship with the other negotiator.

It’s a good position to be in walking into a negotiation.

Yes, but the new head of NBC Sports
by DBCooper  (2023-06-08 21:38:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

May not care as much about an ND deal as his predecessor, who was bevaqua

Dick Ebersol isn't walking through that door...
by Nyirish08  (2023-06-09 10:16:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The CFO of NBC Sports figured her qualified kid would get in two cycles ago. Great grades, sports, only place he wanted to go in the world was ND. Flat out rejected. Her husband is on the sales side at NBC and I think they've picked up a bit of dislike for the place. She is handling most of the numbers side of that negotiation.
"I go and hire Jack's daughter for a sought after position and he can't even find room in a class of 2000 for my son who was actually qualified."

It could be my imagination, but it seems like admissions
by 1978Irish  (2023-06-09 14:02:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is even more arbitrary these days.

Definitely true
by Up_Top  (2023-06-08 22:56:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But if he does, ND will have direct intel on NBC’s economics which is a big advantage in a negotiation.