He played for Holtz
by crazychester (2023-06-09 16:40:21)

In reply to: ties to Holtz = non starter *  posted by jt

but keep going

You don't say?
by jt  (2023-06-09 21:31:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would imagine that would give him ties to Holtz, having played for him and all.

I see your confusion
by jt  (2023-06-09 21:33:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

when I say "non starter" that means that his ties to Holtz make him a non starter for the school as a candidate, not that he didn't start for Lou.

As an aside, it makes him a fantastic candidate in my book, and I don't recall how much he actually played (though I would imagine it is substantial). Would he deserve the job? No idea. Should he have been a candidate? Absolutely. Was he? I don't know, but I tend to doubt it (because of his ties to Holtz, IMO).

yes, i read it the wrong way
by crazychester  (2023-06-10 02:17:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

my apologies.

I don't think he played a snap. but he made the team as a walk on which says a whole bunch. He may still be the worst athletic director in the world but his loyalty is not in question

yes, we agree *
by jt  (2023-06-10 11:11:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Whoosh *
by TAR  (2023-06-09 17:12:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post