Remarkable.
by IRISHPRIDE09 (2023-06-10 09:32:24)

In reply to: Savvy Jack  posted by Stonebreaker9

I just wish you could have somehow worked Be Irish into the lyrics, In all seriousness, amazing job.

Agreed! Amazing stuff! Other suggestions could be
by sorin107  (2023-06-10 09:32:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jumbotron, USA gymnastics, Nepotism, the Brand is at it Apex, 35 years of head coaching experience, and Disneyification.

You know how fans go crazy when a band will create a few extra lyrics to a hit song during a live show? Well Stonebreaker9, so will we! You did an amazing job already!

I can try to rework some parts.
by Stonebreaker9  (2023-06-10 09:47:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I tried to keep pretty close to the original lyrics and rhyme scheme which led to what you see. Clearly could have added more but kept this version a bit purer.

Don't go changing, to try to please us …
by Moff  (2023-06-10 22:42:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Signed,

A boy (originally) from a town known as Oyster Bay (Cove), Long Island

Well
by Stonebreaker9  (2023-06-10 23:51:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was just the trade off between sneaking in as many barbs as possible vs. following the original song. I can certainly reissue with more barbs.

Everybody loves you now
by MrE  (2023-06-11 09:57:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wouldn’t re issue but if you feel compelled to invest more hours in this, maybe a We Didn’t Start The Fire of the BK era?