Spring practice has started very early for ND and the
by Camarillo Brillo (2024-03-16 09:04:58)

Blue and Gold game is not until April 20. I have not been able to find a schedule for spring camp. Why did it start so early?

Maybe you know this, but they are not practicing during
by G.K.Chesterton  (2024-03-17 00:37:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

spring break.

Yes, I did read that but I wasn't sure when spring camp
by Camarillo Brillo  (2024-03-17 09:48:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

resumes.

goes back to BK
by thesixthgreatlake  (2024-03-16 17:10:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not sure if Kelly or Freeman has publicly articulated this, but the beat writers seem to think there are few reasons.

They can film a practice and get a fresh look at everything on tape for a week while campus is empty, panning the next 14 with a fresher eye than the bowl game. Starting practice before and re-starting immediately after forces some level of accountability around spring break. Having a high-end indoor facility also allows for an earlier start.

Kelly had his weaknesses (and they were numerous). I think planning these kind of administrative details were among his strengths.

Mizzou has its spring game today. Or at least that’s what
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-16 12:10:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I heard on the KC radio yesterday. It doesn’t seem possible, but I guess they already had 15 practices.