OMG--a player from St. Andrew's (SAS) verbaling to ND....
by Scoop80 (2024-03-18 21:05:26)

In reply to: Dylan Faison (‘26 wr) commits. He’s Jordan’s younger brother  posted by irishhawk49

As a one-time Scot, that's BEYOND fathomable to me. I was able to play in a few games in garbage time for the SAS varsity my senior year. Had I still lived outside Chicago and attended Marist then, the very idea of me suiting up for the varsity would've been unthinkable. It wasn't like the (then) Redskins were a FB power in those days. From what I could see in the background in SAS highlight videos, current crowds, as in my day, appear to have been roughly comparable to interhall crowds when I was at ND.

Plus, Marist and SAS were like night and day in sending students to ND. When I expressed an interest in ND, the SAS college guidance counselor suggested to my parents that, if I wanted to attend a Catholic university, maybe I could consider Georgetown. Vandy, Duke, and a student or 2 to the Ivy League were the SAS norms.

I haven't exactly kept up w/ SAS FB over the decades. They still play at the relative level of competition as in my day, and Pine Crest (Jordan's HS) remains their arch-rival. In 2023, they went 9-1 before losing in opening round of the state playoffs. As per your link, Faison had 18 catches and scored 8 TDs. He started both ways, which isn't unusual at that level.

Hey, Jordan shocked me by his frosh accomplishments at ND after coming from Pine Crest. I guess that 1 shouldn't underestimate the Faison family---MF clearly isn't doing so with this offer.

Replies: