Thank you for the reply, and my apologies for mistakenly
by Grace91 (2024-04-19 13:29:03)

In reply to: I don’t ignore people I disagree with.  posted by usaf_irish

assuming that you had put me on ignore.

I have not been shy about decrying the failure of leadership at the University - the president, BOT, BOF, AD, and so on. For me that is the fundamental problem that needs to be addressed. I believe that a strong leader who sets a vision and executes it can return Notre Dame to what it can and should be. I am concerned that such a leader is rare and Notre Dame may not find one.

I also am not trying to shout anyone down. I don't believe in that. I will reply as I did to you sometimes when I feel that a given comment was problematic. It was obvious to me on the face of things what the issue was, but I accept that my interpretation of it is my own, and others may not interpret it the same way. I'll say that I don't necessarily believe that, but that I accept it as a possibility. Regarding shutting down discussions or things that I don't agree with, If I am full of sh*t about not doing that and you find me doing it, by all means, call me out. I am plenty aware that I am nowhere near perfect.

Please be mindful of assuming that you know what someone is thinking. I have no idea what Andy is thinking. I don't know the man, and I can't tell you how much of what he posts is bluster versus honestly held opinion. I do think that he wants the University to be the best that it can be, and I read his posts with that in mind. Likewise for you and for everyone else here. Why else would we be here?

I don't expect or want things to be how they were in nineteen dickety-two. At the same time, I don't believe it necessary to build a newer Taj Mahal for the team. Surely there is a middle ground. See leadership comments earlier in the post.

Thanks again for the reply, be well, and have a good day.

Replies: