Lee wasn’t particularly hyped as a recruit
by Boston Domer (2018-04-15 19:22:34)

In reply to: I actually don’t follow recruiting  posted by DakotaDomer

He was a sixth round pick and Jackson sent him off to the USHL for some seasoning because he didn’t think he was ready to contribute after high school graduation. Can Fowler is probably the obvious answer; he was considered a potential top overall pick when he signed and ended up going twelfth. Riley Sheahan was propbably the most hyped player who made it to campus.

The hype I remember - He was probably the best QB on campus *
by NDoggie78  (2018-04-16 13:21:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Minnesota told him he could play QB *
by BIGSKYND  (2018-04-16 13:50:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Right - he wasn't a ND QB
by shea  (2018-04-28 03:04:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

though maybe he could have played for those teams. Woof.

He was well-known as a recruit, partly due to FB/H combo. *
by SavageDragon  (2018-04-15 20:50:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

By hype, would rate top 3: Palmieri, Cole, Sheahan.
by SavageDragon  (2018-04-15 20:41:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Other contenders by ranking/draft status might be Lucia, Ruth, Hurley, Morrison, Johns.

Brad Phillips was going to be the goalie of all goalies . .
by other_guy  (2018-04-25 20:04:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Palmieri had the makings of an outstanding college hockey player . . . until he fell out of the back of that pickup!

Peeke probably fits there as well...
by BIGSKYND  (2018-04-16 10:05:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

then there was Christian Fischer and Tkachuck - what coulda been

Don’t forget Cam Fowler. He might top the “what if?” list. *
by PeteatND  (2018-04-18 09:00:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah - I left him off because BD mentioned him *
by BIGSKYND  (2018-04-18 18:46:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I should have included Cole *
by Boston Domer  (2018-04-15 21:08:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post