Albie O'Connell to be the new head coach @ B U hockey.
by other_guy (2018-06-07 10:52:55)

Albie has served on David Quinn’s staff for the past four years, including the last three as Associate Head Coach.

Supposedly Bennett (Union) was a target but,,,
by BIGSKYND  (2018-06-07 15:20:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

his $500,000 buyout was the barrier. More interesting is that Hynes apparently made contact even though he made big strides with NJ this year.

I just realized how much high-end HC turnover there was
by DakotaDomer  (2018-06-07 11:16:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’d say BU, DU, UMn are 3 of the 6 most talented programs in the country (UND, BC, UMich) and they all turned over this summer

Recruiting for these 2 years might be very lucrative for the other power programs and the almost power programs (UW, UMD, ND, MSU)

UMich turned over last summer too...I really hope we’re taking advantage

We had a chance to talk with Quinn on his first visit to ND
by other_guy  (2018-06-08 10:58:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

. . . his first year; which was a rough one for him. Surprising to hear him say the one of the toughest parts to coaching was dealing with high profile players PARENTS! Doesn't have to deal with that in the NHL.

It's generally not the parents....
by BIGSKYND  (2018-06-08 15:04:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

usually it's the kid listening to his "advisers". By the time a blue chip kid gets to that level there's often a posse.