Petersen called up by the Kings.
by IAND75 (2018-11-13 14:27:26)

“The Los Angeles Kings will be without their top two goaltenders when they host the Toronto Maple Leafs on Tuesday at Staples Center.

The Kings announced Monday that Jack Campbell would need surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his knee and would be sidelined 4-6 weeks. Campbell had taken over for Jonathan Quick, who underwent surgery earlier this month to repair a torn meniscus.

The Kings (5-10-1) have just two healthy goalies in their organization, Cal Petersen and Peter Budaj.

“There are no external options right now,” Kings goalie coach Bill Ranford told LA Kings Insider. “You rely on waiver wire and stuff like that, but right now there are injuries around the league and there are no guys available.”

Los Angeles recalled Petersen from the Ontario Reign of the American Hockey League on Monday...”

Starting in Chicago tonight. *
by CJC  (2018-11-16 20:54:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And picks up the win.
by Lloyd Braun  (2018-11-16 23:18:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Only allows 1 goal as the Kings win in SO.

First NHL start, first win. That’s pretty hot. *
by 1NDGal  (2018-11-17 20:38:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He faced a tougher opponent last time he was in the UC. *
by CJC  (2018-11-17 11:49:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have so many bad memories in that damn arena
by DakotaDomer  (2018-11-17 13:21:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If it wasn’t for Elton John I’d have only bad memories

If the Hawks are going to suck...
by DakotaDomer  (2018-11-17 08:27:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At least they stayed consistent and allowed Cal a victory

If you're in a pillow fight, you might as well win
by Irishpig  (2018-11-17 11:36:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kings and Hawks both pretty inept, but great first NHL victory for Cal, stopping Toews and Kane in a shoot-out.

He got in that game
by Irishpig  (2018-11-14 20:30:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm a Kings fan (yes, I'll admit it) and watched what I could stand of that game last night. After the Kings were down 4-1 in the 2nd, they pulled the starting goalie and Cal got in the game! The organist played the Notre Dame Victory March in Staples Center when he took the ice. It was so cool -- ND's fight song within 5 miles of the Coliseum. I bet the USC fans in the crowd loved it :)

Cal didn't play too poorly -- he let in one PP Goal, so the final was another pathetic loss 5-1 for the Kings. I have to admit, I couldn't watch the whole disaster, but it was fun to see him in goal.

Lucky him ...
by BIGSKYND  (2018-11-13 15:09:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

talk about jumping on a ship that is quickly taking on water. Maybe he can demonstrate some things that don't show up in the stats but will impress Ranford.

Hopefully - from the looks of it he was off to a bad start
by NH74Domer  (2018-11-15 08:01:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in Ontario. Tough to determine what is going on without seeing the games, but Iooking at the box scores, he’ been pulled a few times.

Yeah - I saw that ....
by BIGSKYND  (2018-11-15 08:38:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

AHL is tough to evaluate G on.