The team has been offensively challenged for two seasons
by NH74Domer (2019-01-13 11:13:21)
Edited on 2019-01-13 19:46:53

In reply to: Closer to last place than 3rd place... yikes.  posted by wearendhockey

It was pretty telling that Burke was the leading goal scorer for us last year right into the tournament despite registering only one or two goals in the second half to that point. The guys who moved on after last season accounted for nearly 40% of our goal scoring as well as all of
our leadership. This team is very young, so I’m confident that the leadership will emerge as it has with Jackson’s past teams; I’m less confident about the goal scoring.

You are not going to win many games scoring 1 or
by zahm82  (2019-01-13 13:05:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

2 goals. This large Freshman Class has about 9 goals half-way thru the season, compared to the last large freshman class of 2010-2011, where the freshman scored over 75 goals for the year led by Lee (24 G) and Tynan (23 G). Our recruiting now seems predicated on keeping everyone for 3-4 years so we seem unlikely to get high-end scorers as freshmen. This is a very young team, made younger by the absence of Wegwerth and Oglevie.

Good point about the freshman
by wearendhockey  (2019-01-14 14:54:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The skaters from the 2011 freshman managed almost a half a point a game average, .41/game and the 2019 freshmen are only chipping in about a quarter point a game, .26/game. That class was aided though in large part by two absolute standouts on the scoresheet, Tynan and Lee. Without them, the other skaters managed just .2 points per game. But this class definitely does not (at least not yet) have that stud scoring machine like Tynan or Lee.

I'm hoping that there will be a breakthrough game here where 4 or 5 guys net goals and we put 6 or 7 on the board and it will start the team on a good roll.

2 goals in almost 80 SOGs this weekend *
by NDoggie78  (2019-01-14 11:23:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post