Any TV for this weekend?
by Nihilist in Golf Pants (2019-03-04 10:16:32)

It doesn't look like the Big Suck network is showing any hockey at all.

BTN Plus packages... Every school EXCEPT Notre Dame
by dulac93  (2019-03-04 12:36:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You can buy all BigTen games for one month for $15.
OR you can buy any one team's games for $9.99/month.

However, when I tried to buy Notre Dame's games, I was told that "Notre Dame is not apart of the Big Ten," and BTN "does not have the rights for their content."

So, the only option is to buy the more expensive package for $15, or subscribe to Michigan State for $10.

Grrrrr....

Irish streaming on BTN Plus
by dulac93  (2019-03-04 12:09:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The TV Coverage on Fox Sports North went to the Gophers/Michigan.
Irish/Spartans and PSU/Wisc are BTN Plus streaming only

Do you have to pay for it? *
by Wolfetone  (2019-03-04 12:30:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BTN Plus packages... Every school EXCEPT Notre Dame
by dulac93  (2019-03-04 12:39:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

$10/month for a Michigan State games package.
$15/month for all Big Ten games package.

No such thing as a "Notre Dame" package since Notre Dame is not apart of the Big Ten, according to BTN.

BTN doesn't have rights to ND home games
by DavidAddison  (2019-03-04 15:02:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

which, presumably, includes even during the Big 10 hockey tournament. I'm not sure why you are upset at BTN about this...it was part of the deal ND and Big10 cut about hockey.

upset?
by dulac93  (2019-03-05 09:44:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not really upset. But definitely surprised when BTN says ND isn't part of the Big Ten, but the Big Ten website lists as the current Big Ten champs. They probably need a better explanation for not offering ND games, as they do indeed have the rights in the post-season (note that they offer it streaming).
My intent was to hopefully prevent others from the run-around I got when contacting BTN.

Incorrect
by Hunt  (2019-03-04 21:37:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In the Big Ten tournament, the Big Ten does own the TV rights, even for games at ND.

That's why the game is available on BTN Plus and not NBC Sports Plus. It's also why last year's home games were on BTN.

It's also why we have advertising in the rink *
by Boston Domer  (2019-03-05 11:37:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cool. Thanks. *
by DavidAddison  (2019-03-05 06:49:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Interesting.....I saw most ND games this year on NYC cable..
by Wolfetone  (2019-03-04 12:57:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

NBCSN games,NBC stream,SNY,which carried the NBC Chicago package,one
or two on BTN and Fox this or that. BIG must be pissed that ND had
such extensive coverage. I expect them to start crying/legislating
against ND on this. But ND gets more coverage/$$$$ with their ad hoc
network,so screw BIG....I'll listen on UND.com...

BTN is worthless for hockey... *
by Wolfetone  (2019-03-04 11:50:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Watched a tiny bit of Wisconsin-Michigan Friday night on FSW
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-03-04 14:55:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

via Roku. It's not completely worthless but BTN Plus is not worth paying for, IMHO.

You could have left off "for hockey" *
by NDoggie78  (2019-03-04 14:38:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND Website says TBA...
by dulac93  (2019-03-04 10:53:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

B1G website says nothing at all.
So, I'm hoping someone carries it, since ND seems to be expecting it? Maybe?