BTN doesn't have rights to ND home games
by DavidAddison (2019-03-04 15:02:46)

In reply to: BTN Plus packages... Every school EXCEPT Notre Dame  posted by dulac93

which, presumably, includes even during the Big 10 hockey tournament. I'm not sure why you are upset at BTN about this...it was part of the deal ND and Big10 cut about hockey.

upset?
by dulac93  (2019-03-05 09:44:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not really upset. But definitely surprised when BTN says ND isn't part of the Big Ten, but the Big Ten website lists as the current Big Ten champs. They probably need a better explanation for not offering ND games, as they do indeed have the rights in the post-season (note that they offer it streaming).
My intent was to hopefully prevent others from the run-around I got when contacting BTN.

Incorrect
by Hunt  (2019-03-04 21:37:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In the Big Ten tournament, the Big Ten does own the TV rights, even for games at ND.

That's why the game is available on BTN Plus and not NBC Sports Plus. It's also why last year's home games were on BTN.

It's also why we have advertising in the rink *
by Boston Domer  (2019-03-05 11:37:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cool. Thanks. *
by DavidAddison  (2019-03-05 06:49:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post