Poor sports all around.
by wearendhockey (2019-11-09 11:08:54)

In reply to: Suckeyes didn't shake hands. No class bastards. *  posted by hibernianangst

Crawford was onside by at least two feet before scoring the game winning goal but yet again we were subjected to a goal review, one that took far too long. The OSU players must have gotten tired of waiting, but it was their own coach who asked for a review.

I didn't see anything out of the usual from Notre Dame during the game that would have given me reason to believe that OSU players had a gripe about their behavior. I did see one pretty egregious play by Carson Meyer though. He and Alex Steeves were going after a puck on the wall to Morris' right early in the third and Meyer took a pretty viscous slash at Steeves and got him on the wrist. After not seeing him on the ice for 4 or 5 minutes afterwards I feared he had broken his wrist, but thankfully Alex eventually returned.

Unfortunately for Meyer he looked like he sustained a pretty serious leg injury shortly after scoring the short-lived go-ahead goal in the third period. I can't imagine the OSU players thought there was anything wrong on that play, as he an an Irish skater just got tangled up along the wall.