I'm confident
by wearendhockey (2020-03-08 13:49:43)

Which probably means we're going to lose.

But the reason I'm confident is I think Notre Dame will have more jump to outlast Minnesota. If the game gets down to any kind of a fatigue factor, we have the upper hand. We didn't do as well last night as we did on Friday, but we still outskated Minnesota in their end, and chasing all night is more tiring than being chased. If Notre Dame can carry the play and score going into the third they just might pull this one out.

Or maybe the boring streak will stay alive of home teams winning all these quarter final series. The hosts are 8-0 so far in 3 seasons. This Notre Dame team has proven one thing and that is they are impossible to predict. We could beat Cornell on a Friday night and turn around and lose to Mercyhurst or Alabama the next.

My waitress in the dinkytown bar who knows a lot of the
by zahm82  (2020-03-08 17:59:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Gophers players said they are “gassed”! Let’s hope so

We've really outplayed them for two straight nights
by garbageplate  (2020-03-08 15:59:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The issue, as you noted below, is shot selection for ND, but I am confident that we'll get a couple past LaFontaine tonight. Morris seems to be tracking pucks well, so I feel good about him as well.

How about some unexpected scoring like the Gophers
by zahm82  (2020-03-08 14:33:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

had last where their 2 goals were scored by players with a combined 1 goal for the year

And a combined total of 4 goals in their NCAA careers
by wearendhockey  (2020-03-08 16:09:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Zuhlshdorf scored 2 in the opening weekend of his freshman season in October of 2016 and just 1 more last season as a junior before last night, playing potentially the last game of his collegiate career. Cullen Munson, who scored the game winner last night played 3 scoreless games as a freshman and sophomore and scored his lone goal in the first game he played this season before going completely scoreless until last night. I sure wouldn't want that to be part of the narrative that ends a season.

At this point I'd take expected or unexpected Just Score *
by maverick  (2020-03-08 14:45:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post