St. Cyr enters the transfer portal
by Boston Domer (2021-03-29 15:12:38)

N F W *
by other_guy  (2021-03-29 17:22:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Anyone see that one coming? *
by ND74KJS  (2021-03-29 16:01:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It seemed unlikely we’d be able to keep both. *
by SavageDragon  (2021-03-29 20:03:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's shocking after he clearly established himself as the
by zahm82  (2021-03-29 20:35:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

number one goaltender the second half of the season. We don't even have a goalie in the next two classes per CHN. Did we just sign a new goalie under the radar?

Didn't he take a redshirt year last year just so he would
by other_guy  (2021-03-30 09:42:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

have three years of eligibility left? Something just doesn't feel right about this . . . .

That’s what surprised me
by Boston Domer  (2021-03-30 13:25:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It would have been more prudent to transfer then when we was about to sit out the year regardless.

The plan was to be eligible again next year, but COVID gave everyone a blanket extra year, so that’s why St. Cyr can play an additional two seasons.

I'm surprised too
by ndmd99  (2021-03-29 23:10:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe he was ticked that he had to share the net the first half of the season after waiting behind Morris for 3 years?

We've gone from a logjam with 4 goalies on the roster in 2019-20 to only 1 next season.

Roster mismanagement
by wearendhockey  (2021-03-30 09:05:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who knows, maybe it was expected that St. Cyr would not be around post-gtaduation and there is a plan in place. There better be, because I'd hate to play an NCAA hockey season with one scholarship goalie and a walk-on back-up.

I wouldn't worry too much
by ndmd99  (2021-03-30 11:40:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There will be a replacement. Whether it's from USHL, flipped commit, or transfer portal (which should be crowded this year as seniors get bonus eligibility year from Covid) they should be able to find someone.

Even St Cyr was a late flip/commit in Jan 2017 to fill the void when Peterson left early.

History hopes that his first name start with Cal
by OITLinebacker  (2021-03-30 15:03:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What do the prospects look like then?