Mankato led 1-0 after 2 ... and lost 5-1. What a collapse. *
by SavageDragon (2022-04-10 00:13:14)

This user did not provide content for this post

Holy smokes - just saw this now.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2022-04-11 16:52:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I assumed Mankato St. had won the game.

Don't know if I have ever seen a game change complexion
by other_guy  (2022-04-10 10:50:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

so much from the middle of period #2 on. It became a totally different hockey game . . .

Booooooooo *
by DakotaDomer  (2022-04-10 06:45:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Two ENGs though.
by Mr Wednesday  (2022-04-10 00:35:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It played out a lot like the reverse of MSU's win over Minnesota on Thursday, where it was a much closer game than you'd think from the final score.

MSU had by far the better of the play up until the go-ahead goal, but they never sniffed tying the game (or getting closer) once they went down.

Denver had just 8 shots after two periods.
by wearendhockey  (2022-04-10 09:19:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And then put as many pucks by McKay over 8:48 of the third period as he had given up in the three previous NCAA games combined. (yes, one of the pucks was resulted in a goal being waived off).

I figured at best for DU this game was going to come down to them having to pull their goalie at the end of the third, down 1-0 or 2-0. But those 9 minutes in the third won them a title.