Why is there such a disparity in talent? *
by Wolfetone (2022-11-12 07:00:35)

This user did not provide content for this post

Recruiting philosophy? I think that's partially it
by wearendhockey  (2022-11-12 11:18:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jackson has clearly steered the recruiting ship into finding guys who will be here three or four years, not one or two. Some programs, notably one like Michigan, don't care about that as much.

I don't know that this alone explains why this team has basically no elite offensive talent on the ice though. But we sure don't. We don't have anyone that I see with an NHL level shot, or an NHL level of ability to create their own space on the ice. It's also the slowest ND team overall I have seen in years.

From a distance, I am sticking to a theme I have felt applied for a couple of years now, the whole program is stale. Coaching, recruiting, gameday, it is all stale and perhaps that's because the program has had the same people running it for almost 2 decades now. In some ways the stability is to be envied and celebrated. But no other team, not even the most successful ones since Jackson came aboard here in May of 2005, have had the same head coach and the same 2 assistant coaches for that entire time.

I always appreciate your posts(Zahm also)..... *
by Wolfetone  (2022-11-12 13:46:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They have had so many high-end recruits De-Commit in the
by zahm82  (2022-11-12 12:53:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

last couple years that end up on Michigan and gophers or OHL. What highly talented forward would want to come to a team averaging one goal a game.!