As I posted elsewhere, if Sheahan is indeed Notre Dame's
by wearendhockey (2024-02-04 12:46:26)

In reply to: Sheahan has paid his dues at multiple levels of coaching. I  posted by zahm82

coach of the future, I want it announced soon and I want the move made. We're in the midst of 5 years of total mediocrity and no NCAA success. Aside of two seasons of play in the Big Ten we have been completely flat in this conference. And aside from a 6-0 record in the postseason tournament in the first two seasons here, we have a losing record in the conference tournament and haven't been back to the final since 2019. This year it will almost certainly require a Big Ten Tournament championship to make another NCAA run.

It was one thing to put up with year after year of mediocrity with Poulin, when the program had not shown itself to be capable of sustained dominance. But we know what the potential around here is. Since this program took the ice in the 2018 NCAA title game in St. Paul,it has fallen far short of that potential for six straight years. What makes anyone think this is going to change if nothing in the program changes?