I don't know that your saying this, but to me it sounds like
by wearendhockey (2024-02-14 20:57:16)

In reply to: Look up the Cam Fowler story  posted by ndmd99

Notre Dame isn't likely to compete for top spots in the current environment. Like I said, you may not be saying that or thinking that. Frankly, it wouldn't be a complete shock if that was the case. NIL, constant transfers, 1st round picks bolting after a year if they show up at all where they initially commit, to me all of that sucks. Its one of the reasons I watch almost no college sports now, outside of Notre Dame. I am not a college football fan, or college basketball fan, I am a Notre Dame fan.

One thing that differs with hockey though when comparing it to football or basketball is the societal factors that probably make it a little easier to compete in hockey than football or basketball. I don't know how many of the top 100 basketball or football players Notre Dame can recruit but I do know they can recruit more of the top 100 hockey players.

I don't know, maybe Notre Dame can't compete in this environment. Maybe we missed our window and it closed 6 years ago. I have commented many times I wish Notre Dame would get around to winning a hockey title before I quit caring about ANY college sports. They'll probably bury me with this damn playoff beard I refused to shave off until Notre Dame won the whole damn thing.