When Ted and Ned hit the road
by Elvis McCoy (2015-02-27 19:30:02)

In reply to: Fr. Hesburgh, RIP  posted by cousin eddie

I think it was my senior year when Ted and Ned retired and hit the road in that Motor home w/ the minibikes. I remember them cruising about south quad as they practiced on their bad motor scooters. Kids were running after them and they were ear to ear grins. Too cool.....

One of my all time great ND memories
by JC_90_94  (2015-02-27 19:30:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If I recall correctly they had just celebrated mass at the ACC (no "J" then of course), and the dining halls were closed for a picnic on the quad. As they cruised the sidewalk perimeter of the quad on the matching red scooters the place went nuts.

The grins as they sped by was my best Fr. Ted memory
by Elvis McCoy  (2015-02-27 19:30:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Serving as an alter boy for him at a small mass in the log chapel was #2. I told him that it had been 10+ years since I last served at mass. He winked, grinned, and said, "follow my lead". He was just the coolest guy ever.