Access to make a reservation
by vermin05 (2021-11-29 13:24:59)

In reply to: So does Genie+ give you access to a fast lane?  posted by DakotaDomer

You can make one at 7am. You can book the next one when you redeem your first one or 2 hours after park opening.

Then….
by DakotaDomer  (2021-11-29 13:24:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m supposed to book 3 rides at 7am - another at noon or after redemption and then just keep booking 1 more again and again?

And I fill the gaps with whatever is convenient and short? That’s not really how children operate.

What do I book first at 7? The per ride LL rides or the first Genie+ ride?

The LL rides are separate
by vermin05  (2021-11-29 13:24:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You can book 2 per day. For Genie+ you got the basic idea 2 hours or when you tap whatever is first. Slinky, Navi River, Test Track and Peter Pan sell out first.

Getting Rise, Seven Dwarfs, Right of Passage, and Seven Dwarfs are equally difficult and on busy weeks you have to choose one or the other.

I was wondering why Genie+ was relatively cheap
by DakotaDomer  (2021-11-29 13:24:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It sounds like it just gives you 2-3 rides for $15 if you’re a family

I don’t think it’s cheap. This is coming from someone who
by kellykapowski  (2021-11-29 13:24:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

paid an extra $125 per person per year for our annual passes in years past. With that, the longest wait time between booking a FastPass was 90 minutes when you booked a top tier ride. At Disneyland, whenever they roll this out, it will be $20 per person per day. It also won’t include the most in demand ride at either Disneyland or California Adventure. That will be a separate cost per person per ride. That shit adds up when you go as often as we do. For a week long family’s vacation, it just becomes a sunk cost that is rolled onto the trip. When you go multiple times each month, it’s just annoying AF. Well, it will be… whenever they roll it out.

“Relatively” cheap

It’s an extra 13-ish% each day

So if it was good - why wouldn’t everyone do it? (When these things first came out it was like a cut-line on all eligible rides whenever you showed up)

In reality its 2-3 rides a day where you can wait 30 minutes instead of 1.5 hours and you have to use the app to schedule your slots.

It’s relatively cheap to what I would expect for something that had the value of what “fast-pass” used to be. And it turns out the reason is because it’s also relatively useless.

Still going to do it because I will pay almost anything to spend less time in lines with my children.

Pretty much
by vermin05  (2021-11-29 13:24:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And your third ride will be something like small world, it’s tough to be a bug, journey into imagination or Frozen Sing a Long (aka a ride you don’t need G+ for.)

How long does it take to do a “Genie+” reservation ride?

How long does it take to do a Lightning Lane reservation ride?

No idea

I haven’t tried it yet.