Please don't speculate about transfers
by Kayo (2022-11-27 17:02:01)

In reply to: Mostly good, some very good and a couple of concerns.  posted by MountainMan

First of all, board rule #27 forbids it; but it's forbidden for good reason. It isn't unusual for online speculation to become rumor, and rumors about transferring can lead fans and/or teammates to question commitment to the team and the program.

Nat Marshall has at least two more years of eligibility, Ebo in her final season of college basketball, and no true bigs in the program or coming into the program behind her. She has a clear path to an important role. All she has to do is stay healthy.

Remember, she's less than a year past her second knee surgery after sitting out the 2020-21 season rehabbing from the first one. We don't know if her minutes need to be limited every few games unless she or her coaches talk about it. Let's resist the urge to fill the information deficit by speculating with worst case scenarios.

By the way I feel like I have been "Ko'd." *
by MountainMan  (2022-11-28 14:17:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rule #27, I certainly wasn't aware that I was breaking any
by MountainMan  (2022-11-28 05:25:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

rules, but apparently I did and won't do it again. However, you mention not to speculate, isn't much of what is discussed on this board speculation? You also state that Nat "has a clear path to an important role", referring to Ebo leaving after this year and Nat having two years left. That's my point exactly, she needs to play not just practice, so she can develop. It's only one game, but my concern is that it is more a precursor of what's to come. There is a context to that, based on the two previous years. It seems like you are either in or your out and there is no in between. Nat certainly appears healthy and you can bet she is dying to finally play, but 1:48 seconds isn't going to fill that need, especially when you end up winning by 20 pts.

FWIW, I share your concern
by ram  (2022-11-28 11:36:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And this was a game Westbeld played only 21 minutes
We’ll see what happens vs MD & UConn

I’d like to see what she is doing in practice

Maddy is also a concern. You think there is an injury, but
by MountainMan  (2022-11-28 14:15:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

yet she played 21 minutes and had five rebounds and six assists, but only took two shots and scored 3 pts. Puzzling.