In my mind 3pt shooting plays a large part *
by maverick (2023-05-16 12:58:51)

In reply to: Why didn’t Notre Dame win it all last season?  posted by BabaGhanouj

This user did not provide content for this post

Agreed. We ranked 11th the ACC in terms of 3 pt fg%. at
by MountainMan  (2023-05-16 16:46:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

30.7 percent, yet we still ended up winning the ACC? That was exacerbated when Dara went down, even though she was shooting considerably below her normal level. As some benchers stated the threat of her getting hot, at least kept defenders from sagging into the lane.

My take was, obviously the injuries, youth (Two freshman playing extensive minutes, lack of quality depth. No back up true point guard other than Jenna, who did not perform well enough to earn the role.). No "prolific" three point shooter, once Dara went down.

In my opinion, with a healthy Dara who had recovered her shooting percentage and Liv, an elite eight goal would have been obtainable and perhaps exoected,

Yes, that's why eFG% is used rather than FG%. *
by BabaGhanouj  (2023-05-16 13:05:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Free throw shooting may have played a part too
by RISteve  (2023-05-16 21:14:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At times, the team was a poor free throw shooting team. May have been a factor too.

Emma will certainly help, since she shot 93% from the free
by MountainMan  (2023-05-17 07:24:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

throw line last year. (Kylee struggled shooting just over 50%. I'm looking for her to hit closer to 65% this coming year.)