Rebounds and easy shots
by SixShutouts66 (2023-05-16 23:31:07)
Edited on 2023-05-17 00:24:16

In reply to: Thoughtful thoughts!  posted by BabaGhanouj

I really like how you nailed the value of a turnover (steal a possession from the opponent and possibly get an easy basket). So many announcer prattle on about points after a turnover and neglect the defensive gain).

It always seemed to me that grabbing an offensive rebound has a similar effect (stealing an opponent's possession it should have had (extra possession for you). It seems similar to a TO unless I'm missing something. Maybe TO% and rebound% don't scale very well.

The efg is affected by both the ability of the shooters and the difficulty of the shots taken. Someone commented that Indiana ran their offense very well and had a high efg - perhaps outperforming their innate skill. Also reliance on 3 point shooting leads to large deviations and potential upsets. Having a reliable floor, such as Briana Turner points, helps at this level

I only brought up the end of game due to the horrible 4th quarters during the COVID year. I'm not sure if teams/players are better/worse in the clutch or not. I've seen a vast improvement (players and coaches) over the last couple of years.