K-Mac, Marina Named First -Team EuroLeaguers
by dillon77 (2024-04-13 14:22:51)

They're the (only) two Americans on the team, so "Guard U" came up big on the continent.

Emma Meesseman was named overall MVP of the Year. Along with the two Domers, Ezi Magbegor and Leonie Fiebich also made first team.

ND posted this on their X account...and I'm hopeful these kinds of accolades are pushed on prospects, along with the fact that Jackie Young and Jewell Loyd are probably going to represent the U.S. in the Olympics this year.

Well done Marina & K-Mac.

Plus Sky was the top Free Agent going to the Storm & those 5
by Domerduck  (2024-04-13 16:07:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

don't even include Arike with her WNBA & F4 resume leading the Wings in the upcoming WNBA season. When you add that with 2 All Americans guards who will be returning this Fall for ND's next season all who have been or being coached by an All-American National Champion guard HC, definitely Notre Dame is Guard U.

Thanks for the share and keeping us up to date on our ND Euro players.

I followed them all season and both had an amazing
by bohratom  (2024-04-13 15:50:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Euroleague season but when it came down to the big games (Turkish Women Superleague Finale) Kayla outplayed Marina both times. As you know the Euroleague Finale is tomorrow and Kayla and Fenerbahce are the big favorites to win it all again.

I agree with you that Jewel and Jackie will be at the Paris Olympics but I'm hoping that Arike finally makes an Olympic Roster. I think some of the USA Coaches think she is too independent and does not share the ball enough but her stats last season for assists would say otherwise.

2024 Euroleague Women Awards Ceremony where they all get dressed and glamoured up is linked below.

The Two Played in Euro Semis, with K-Mac Winning
by dillon77  (2024-04-13 14:32:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

K-Mac's Fenerbahçe team is a perennial powerhouse, led by K-Mac and Emma Meesseman. Marina and Chicago Sky teammate Elisabeth Williams did a great job of leading CBK Mersin to the semi's.

Good pic below of the two of them....

Check Out These K-Mac Highlights
by dillon77  (2024-04-13 14:25:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Simply on fire.

Her handle is still outstanding.
by NDBass  (2024-04-13 16:08:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Has the ball on a string.

Save some for the Lynx, K-Mac. *
by PWK2  (2024-04-13 15:44:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You have hit on something I've noticed with McBuckets
by bohratom  (2024-04-13 18:35:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the last two seasons after working so hard in the EuroLeague and being an All Star. Her 1st Half of the season with the Lynx in the WNBA did not start off well and her shooting was down from both 2pt and 3pt. It was not till the 2nd half of the season that she once again started playing well and was one of the main reasons the Lynx made the Playoffs. I'll be interested to see how she starts off this season and if fatigue from playing too much basketball sets in again. Go Irish 🍀