ND is now showing interest in Olsen from Villanova.
by JBC_MO (2024-04-14 10:30:15)

But I have to believe she would come off the bench. In my heart of hearts, I think she’s going to Iowa, but good for the coaching staff to look at her.

CC replacement or more $$$ at Mulkey School of Horror
by ram  (2024-04-14 14:14:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or sit on the bench & watch Liv/Hannah/Soni play a lot of minutes

Yeah, not sure where she fits. *
by SorinBasement  (2024-04-14 17:09:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With KK and Anna leaving there is more room now
by IRISHFAN2008  (2024-04-14 21:41:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Olsen is a combo guard and could back up the 1 or the 2. Both Cass and Emma could easily rotate to the 3 if needed.

Outside of the starters, there isn't a lot of guard depth off the bench now. I still don't feel Cass is a true "guard" but more of a wing. Sometimes it feels like Cass is stretch four trying to be a guard and ballhandling is not her strength.

Also it's possible Cass's injury might carry into next season and Niele wants some insurance. She doesn't want to be left without enough ballhandlers like when she had to have Soni and KK play out of position.

Agree on Cass being more of a forward, but she wants
by MountainMan  (2024-04-15 05:00:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to be a guard. When she develops a consistent outside shot that would make sense.

At this point she would help balance the team need for forwards.

A bit like Angel Reese.
by NDMike2001  (2024-04-15 14:04:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's the position that they want to play and there's the position that college teams need them to play. They might be able to be "big guards" in the WNBA but in college they are forwards. And that's where they will get the most NIL.

Time for a true role and not just Cass potential
by Whaler170  (2024-04-15 08:06:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Walking boot injury has unfortunately slowed down development

Foot injury? On her potential, I agree with you that her
by MountainMan  (2024-04-15 09:06:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

performance needs to develop, on the offensive end mostly. I also think she is misplaced as a guard. Her athletic ability would surface more around the basket as a forward. Closer to the basket would lend itself to her ability to rebound and then score off put backs.

Like the Alyssa Lathams of the ACC That Drove the Irish Nuts *
by dillon77  (2024-04-15 09:07:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and King and ............ *
by MountainMan  (2024-04-15 10:05:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post