Like the Depth Approach, As Well
by dillon77 (2024-04-15 17:58:30)
Edited on 2024-04-15 18:10:56

In reply to: I'd like to see another 6'5" (or taller) post player.  posted by Kayo

-- Just have not been impressed with Oldacre over the years and don't think she's developed anywhere near the rate I'd expect (and Katie Meier wasn't bad with bigs).

This is who caught my eye:

Caitlin Weimar: Grad Student, 6'4" post from Boston U. who has gotten increasingly better at Boston U. Patriot League defender of the year. Scored 18.7 ppg and grabbed 10.6 rpg. Easy reference with Coach Melissa D'Amico Graves.
- Cameron Williams: Grad. Student, 6'3" Forward from Michigan & Chicago South Side. Tough player who averaged 7.5 ppg and 4.6 rpg.
- Maya Toure, grad. student, 6'2" power forward from Rhode Island who averaged 12.5 ppg and 7.7 rpg. French player who led Rams.
- Khadija Faye, grad. transfer, 6'4" post/power forward from Texas, who largely came off the bench in an abbreviated season to average 5.5 ppg and 3.5 rpg. Known as a rebounder, defender in Coach Schaefer's system. Could she offer that presence to ND? Went to Catholic high school in Florida so may be so inclined.
- DeYona Gaston, grad. transfer, 6'2" forward from Texas (as well) who averaged 8.4 ppg and 4.2 rpg for Coach Schaefer in under 20 mpg. Could she supply Lauren Ebo-type minutes? Both Longhorns might be looking for more time, but -- if not -- worth the calls.

As per Oldacre:
-- Just have not been impressed with her over the years and don't think she's developed anywhere near the rate one would expect (and Katie Meier wasn't bad with bigs).

Replies: