Still bummed by the demise of the Bohr atom? *
by ufl (2024-04-26 13:12:43)

In reply to: I've said I'm a very Optimistic person but Pestimistic on TP *  posted by bohratom

This user did not provide content for this post

Internet still talks about the Bohr atom so it must be true
by Anotherjoe  (2024-04-27 02:22:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because the internet never lies! Bill Gates said so.

I just checked back to see if there were questions about my post and I find a debate about Danish physicists? !?

Look on page 60 of the General Chemistry text
by ufl  (2024-04-27 10:35:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that I was assigned by Emil Hoffman. It's still around in textbooks but deals with quantum mechanics in an ad hoc way.

But there was a play "Copenhagen" that had Bohr, not sure
by Anotherjoe  (2024-04-27 11:20:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

what he said to Heisenberg because the guy behind me kept coughing (in 2002 this was ok).

So Bohr must be right. Or maybe that's why Emil T gave me a C one semester.

Who do I believe the internet, Broadway plays, or Emil T?

This has been a nice diversion from the portal but I suppose we must return to the reality of Emil T and Dr. Gajda and the spooky world of quantum mechanics.

I guess I will go away again and await the lack of news.

⚛️😂👍 *
by bohratom  (2024-04-26 15:03:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

11 and 1/2 minute half-life allows for a lot of things
by SixShutouts66  (2024-04-26 13:43:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Element 107 rules

U-235 💣☢️ *
by bohratom  (2024-04-26 15:06:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post