Beers to Oklahoma
by RISteve (2024-04-29 14:01:54)

Per Talia Goodman

BREAKING: Oregon State transfer Raegan Beers has committed to Oklahoma.

The "entire team follow her Insta at once" trick didn't work *
by goirish01  (2024-04-29 18:30:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And that's a good thing *
by tedstheman  (2024-04-30 09:18:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This makes me more sad than any other transfer.
by Cavanaugh82  (2024-04-29 15:14:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She is leaving the West Coast, obviously and she is from Colorado so this might be more like home but Oklahoma is not a a great school, the basketball program is not elite, the conference is not significant and the city and state are not exactly meccas of culture and scenery.

Maybe it was just a better personality fit but losing a top 'recruit' to Oklahoma stings.

Edit: to be fair, I don't actually know that ND even pursued her so there's that. Also, I haven't taken the time to see what her major is so it could also be a significant factor.

Oklahoma won the B12 last year and is now in the SEC
by goirish01  (2024-04-29 15:55:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The SEC has won the last three national championships. I think it's tough to say the conference is not significant.

Nobody would ever say that.
by Cavanaugh82  (2024-04-29 17:57:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Signed,

Nobody

LOL!! *
by goirish01  (2024-04-29 18:28:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Beers family they will fit in fine in Oklahoma plus the
by Domerduck  (2024-04-29 15:45:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

team is now in the SEC next year so they want and need to step up. I'm sure she is getting a good NIL deal as one of top portal recruits. ND was not going compete for the only All American in the portal.

Her Post Coach from OSU Might Take Same Job at Oklahoma
by dillon77  (2024-04-29 15:26:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...That could have something/a boatload to do with it. On the other hand Skim Milkey has gotten a few reports wrong before. We'll see.

I have never believed that ND and Beers would have mutual interest; not with Kate Koval coming into the mix. Timea Gardiner as a power forward, yes, but not Beers.

I think one reason Beers is so good is that cast of characters she had surrounding her at OSU. There's talent at Oklahoma, but very much run and gun oriented. We'll see..

What coach from OSU left? I can't find it on the internet. *
by Domerduck  (2024-04-29 15:38:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had posted Chatterton's page earlier on this board
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2024-04-29 15:49:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

so I cannot post it again, but this is the post with the link.

See Edited Post Above. Jonas Chatterton
by dillon77  (2024-04-29 15:41:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..was thought to have been offered big role at Oklahoma..perhaps as a lure to Beers. However, as noted, Skim Milkey has been off before.

Jennie B. is a good coach, particularly with sharp-shooting guards from the Midwest. She's just gotten the gift of her career.

If Jonas leavs that's an even bigger blow for Scott, but I
by Domerduck  (2024-04-29 15:47:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

can see Oklahoma stepping up with big $ given they have to compete in the SEC next year.

Anybody but UConn - also, much more exciting for her
by goirish01  (2024-04-29 14:25:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to play in the newly upgraded SEC rather than being on an overstocked roster beating up on Big East foes.

Anyone but Geno is A-OK with me.👌 *
by bohratom  (2024-04-29 14:12:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unless it makes room for Gardiner there! *
by NDMike2001  (2024-04-29 14:20:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That would blow my mind if Geno was able to choose which
by bohratom  (2024-04-29 14:44:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of those 2 Bigs he wanted and we can't get anyone as of today. 🤦‍♂️👎😒

I don't think Gardiner to UConn makes much sense, as
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2024-04-29 14:52:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

she is not an inside player and they could use another post. I fear that Gardiner may choose to go back home and sign with Utah. I fear Salt Lake City as her destination far more than Storrs.

Never Know, But Never Recall Any Mutual Interest There...
by dillon77  (2024-04-29 14:49:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND was the only team east of the Mississippi that she listed out of high school and everything I've read this time around on The Boneyard and elsewhere has to do with Beers and Storrs.

Gardiners six finalists were: Arizona State, Notre Dame, Oregon, Oregon State and Stanford. She then cut the list to Oregon State, Stanford and UCLA before choosing OSU.

Since then, Arizona State and Stanford have changed head coaches

They've got forwards: remember Aubrey Griffin? Ayanna Paterson (from Indiana)? Both are coming back from injury.

Like FA, i think she's more inclined to look at Utah, which is where she's from and could use a forward, with Alisa Pili moving onto the WNBA.

Now I am more worried about Stanford as an option
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2024-04-30 10:30:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for Gardiner even though Stanford supposedly does not take transfers that are incoming juniors. Skim Milkey hinted that Stanford had some news and then again that there was going to be significant announcements today. And he/she didn't post anything that looked like a leprechaun in the hints.

I trust you Dillon and thx for more info on the subject. *
by bohratom  (2024-04-29 14:56:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post