Recruit Sightings
by MPG (2018-02-11 17:40:20)

I believe that Anaya Peoples was at the game. There was a most youthful, new face in attendance who was about 6'2". I don't know who she was, but I will guess that it was Ally VanTimmeren from Jenison, Michigan. She is on ESPNW's 2021 alpha list.

I did not see the person that Badelman described with the N on her letter jacket. Does anyone else have observations to share?

I hope that two of today's refs never return to an ND game. It was fortunate that there were no injuries or fights.

I think you're right, MPG.
by SBSwarm  (2018-02-11 21:11:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And that's a good call on VanTimmeren. I'd have never come up with that one. I'm not so sure the other was Peoples, though. I would guess it was another from the '21 class.

Could the other have been Mila Reynolds of
by MPG  (2018-02-11 22:19:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

South Bend? She is in the 2022 class. Should we be leading Dillon into a 2022 category in his updates? These prospects seem to be growing younger every day!

Whoa, Pre-Freshman Year?
by dillon77  (2018-02-12 07:53:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know the suggestion is made in good humor but that's so early.

Hoopgurlz and Prospects Nation don't have listings for players not in high school and for all everyone's sanity, I think it's a good idea. My former sport, Lacrosse, just passed rules to cut back on early contact (we'll see if it works), but many of them cited reaching out to kids before HS as the step that made them consider the ruling.

Exception
by westsideirish  (2018-02-12 10:47:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think we should make an exception for South Bend players. I remember Muffet offering Skylar in the 8th grade.

Future WHS players. The ND WHS connection continues *
by thethinman  (2018-02-12 11:05:20)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree. It's not in 13 and 14 year old's interests
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-02-12 08:22:49)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to be subjected to the pressures of recruiting. Plus, it's probably not in the college coaches' interests either. They already have a plate full going after high school girls. As you know, this is the way girls soccer has been for a while. Notre Dame has a 2021 recruit committed already. I believe soccer has been looking into this, but don't know if anything has been done.

Nailed it.
by SBSwarm  (2018-02-12 04:53:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mila and Amiyah Reynolds, I believe, were in attendance, now that you mention it.

Mila, 13 and already six feet tall. Her 'little' sis is 5'8" *
by thethinman  (2018-02-12 11:03:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My view
by badelman  (2018-02-11 19:05:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

MPG there’s a decent chance it was just a high school girl enjoying the game with her mom, but she was sitting over by the tunnel where the Irish players run out of. I could be completely wrong, thought I’d share what I saw.

They are usually seated near the tunnel on the baseline.
by MPG  (2018-02-11 22:25:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My view is at an angle and I can't always see everything because of staff standing near the entrance to the tunnel. I wish recruits would wear their letter jackets!

Recruit
by badelman  (2018-02-11 22:37:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This girl was seated right to the right of the tunnel if you were facing them from the ND bench. I’m not new at going to games, but new at looking for recruits lol.

Today’s game was a big one for me pesrsonally as I got to see my mom walk out on the court for being a cancer survivor!

Congrats, to you and especially her. What a great gesture! *
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-02-11 23:58:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Arike got cut in half at mid-court.... *
by Wolfetone  (2018-02-11 18:32:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As someone near me said, "That would have been
by MPG  (2018-02-11 22:21:45)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a penalty in the NFL." The nearest ref was staring at the collision and shrugged...