Interesting they didn't want the nation's top player...and
by Domerduck (2018-04-15 17:54:30)

In reply to: Uconn response to verbal commitment. Really?  posted by RISteve

now if they don't get Boston they'll look stupid.

Boston Is a True Low Post....
by dillon77  (2018-04-15 18:37:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..and Sam is more of a Kat Westbeld-high post.

This UConn press release -- err, Hartford Courant article -- is more than a bit disingenuous: other articles have reported (as RI Steve pointed out) that Brunelle received an offer. Plus Boston plays a completely different position.

Who knows what happened? Just show some class and wish her the best. And if I'm Uconn, work like hell on Boston and Haley Jones.

BTW, I won't be surprised if ND keeps pursuing Haley Jones hard...she's a wing. A bigger wing than Jackie and could easily play with Sam.

Yes! Jones would be an awesome addition. She would be
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2018-04-15 20:16:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

an amazing 3 in college. Could she play 2-4? Her HS coach says she defines the word 'versatile'.

As for the slight, I think UConn will regret that. I almost think that they will step back from that unless it was Geno that said it to the reporter. Why? Because if UConn says negative things about Sam, how will that look to Bueckers and Fudd, who are close friends to Sam and are important UConn targets in the 2020 and 2021 classes? Does Geno sense that those two are already lost? Seems hard to believe. 2020 is still far away and 2021 even farther. Just really weird and hard to explain. To their credit, most Boneyard posters are equally confused and wonder why the source said that to the reporter. UConn has lost highly ranked recruits before and not acted like that.

Reflects poorly on the reporter as well
by Msnd  (2018-04-15 23:04:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

UConn had been reported to have offered, whether they withdrew it or not, and every one knows it, including recruits. If they hadn't offered, why mention UConn at all, why even do an article on SB.

Agree. Biggest Hit Could Be "Business to Business"...
by dillon77  (2018-04-15 20:19:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..credibility with other recruits. Throwing up a defense that sounds/reads dubious at best and using a colleague of Sam's as the reason (Boston) is so short sighted.

Like the most sighted of the Boneyarders, I'm perplexed by this stance....
What's the phrase, "stay classy?" Not so here.